GTC Motorcycle Event Disclaimer
This is copy of the document that we will be asking you to agree to and sign in order to partake in a Power Days Event.
In consideration for being permitted to take part in this Event I accept, agree and confirm that:
- I am familiar with the nature of the activity I wish to undertake and accept that, despite GTC Motorcycles and all event organisers taking all reasonable precautions, damage and injury may occur. I accept these risks and take part in this activity at my own risk;
- I am competent to take part, I am not taking any drugs (whether prescribed or otherwise) that may impair my ability to take part and I do not suffer from, and have no history of, any medical condition that could affect my ability to take part in this event;
- I will satisfy myself (by sighting lap or otherwise) before taking part in this activity that the Venue and the track is acceptable to me with regard to its features and physical layout;
- I am over 18 years old and I hold a full valid DVLA and/or ACU driving licence appropriate for the vehicle I intend to use and have produced it for inspection by GTC Motorcycles and all event organisers.
- The vehicle I intend to use is safe, complies with any relevant regulations (including without limitation relevant track regulations) and is fit to use for the purpose(s) for which I have attended at the Venue. Any on vehicle camera or other equipment is safely and securely attached, using bolt-on mounting systems specifically designed for that purpose (not suction or other temporary mountings). I understand that neither the organiser nor GTC Motorcycles insurance will cover damage to my vehicle (whether controlled by me or any other person) at this event, and that GTC Motorcycles recommend that participants procure their own track day insurance. Therefore the use of my vehicle is at my risk and I take responsibility for any damage caused to my vehicle (whether controlled by me or any other person);
- I understand that I may be required to sign additional registration forms or indemnities by third parties such as the Event organiser or for my use of any vehicle made available by third parties, e.g. motorcycle manufacturers or retailers. I recognise and agree that any such forms are separate to and will not amend in any way the continuing applicability of the declarations made in this Registration Form;
- Full protective equipment (including without limitation a properly fastened crash helmet) and clothing (if applicable) must be worn by me at all times whilst using my vehicle;
- Any damage caused by my reckless or dangerous riding/driving shall be my responsibility, and I shall pay to GTC Motorcycles and/or the event organisers an amount equal to the cost of any resulting repair or replacement.
- I understand that whilst GTC Motorcycles has been involved in the general organisation of the Event, the Venue or Event operators will be scrutinising the participants’ vehicles and protective clothing.
- No claim of any kind arising from my own negligence, error or omission or otherwise (including without limitation in respect of any damage to any vehicle or other equipment I intend to use at the event) shall be made by me, my guests or on my behalf or on behalf of any of my dependants against GTC Motorcycles, the organisers, any instructor(s) or any company or organisation connected with the Event (each a “Relevant Person”) or any of their respective employees, agents or assistants, or any other participant in the event.
- Neither GTC Motorcycles nor any other Relevant Person shall be liable for any loss, damage, claims, costs, expenses, injury or demands suffered directly or indirectly by me as a consequence of my attendance at or participation in this Event provided that nothing in this form shall exclude any Relevant Person’s liability for personal injury or death caused by negligence. I shall reimburse GTC Motorcycles and other Relevant Persons against any loss or liability suffered by them as a result of my error, default, act or omission.
- GTC Motorcycles and all event organisers may take photographs and/or footage of me during this event and may use such photographs or footage (including my likeness and image) for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or payment.
- I understand that the promoter or Venue operator may not carry insurance in respect of any liability, which might arise out of an event, and that my own vehicle, third party and public liability insurance (if any), is unlikely to cover me for my losses or liabilities but that such insurance is available from specialist brokers.